Friday 21 September 2012

Hallelujah!

A week to celebrate - G returned from his diving holiday in the Red Sea in the early hours of wed morning, fitter than when he left, & the chickens have laid 3 eggs to date.
This has necessitated us having bacon & eggs for breakfast for the last two mornings.
The joy of frying a freshly laid egg, which keeps its shape when cracked, not spreading out in the pan.
Today has been very wet - the rain started the moment we put our gardening (old) shoes on, in the porch, & has continued all day.
Bother.
We have caught up on things/ e mails & considering the future.
I collected my first veggie box from the new village shop - 8 large carrots
                                                                                               8 large potatoes
                                                                                               3 large onions
                                                                                               1 parsnip
                                                                                               1 cabbage
                                                                                               3 large oranges
                                                                                               2 apples
All in a nice hessian bag, which I return for the next order.
Not at all bad for £2.50 .

This fits in well with my diet - keeping going with W's Paleo diet since returning from Denmark.
I'm 6lb lighter than when I left home 12 days ago.
W sent me the paleo bible, which I'm about 1/3 way through.
I hope I'm doing it right as I haven't reached the food detail bit yet.
I have found out that "paleo" refers to the diet of paleolithic man - hunter gatherers, who ate meat, berries & nuts but no grain, as they didn't grow it!
I'm feeling great 7 a I'm lighter than I've been for decades & don't feel hungry.
G will have no truck with "faddy eating", which is no problem as I just serve him the toast, bread, potatoes, biscuits or whatever with his meal.
Bacon & egg breakfast is brilliant - not tomorrow as we're out of bacon.
Up early to let the chickens out, finish my sermon, play tennis then get on with the gardening.
Frost promised tonight.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited over 3 eggs and an assortment of vegetables, Thank God you don't moonlight for Sainsbury's, the euphoria over their delivery of commestibles could prove fatal !

William said...

That's about 1/10 of what we pay for our vege box!!!!