Monday 19 April 2010

Back to work.

So how do you spend a day to yourself after a hectic few weeks with little time at home?
Yes, you sort out the kitchen & laundry cupboards.
To be honest, this started because I had emptied the tall pull-out so that G could mend it as it had got out of balance & wouldn't stay closed. Having checked all of the sell-by dates, I continued in order to impress W & MK - there was little to be ashamed of, the odd packet of tapioca, jar of lemon curd, etc.
Feeling self-righteous, I then found that I had a pretty good sermon on Sunday's gospel - Jesus directing the disciples as to where to cast their net for an amazing catch.
It was a beautiful day so I went to Coleshill, with the top down on the Lotus, checked out the charity shop, the antiques fair at the Town Hall & did a little shopping, then home for a nice cup of tea.
G arrived home late, with more work to do, so he went back to P & A's on Sunday whilst I did church, marked maths papers & prepared lessons. G came home at 9.00pm so we ate late & went to bed.
My year 11 maths class results were so much better than when I took them on in Jan so I live in hope of them getting some reasonable grades.
Today went well - taught for 5 hours then did a revision class then did a quick shop at Ventura Park as food was scarce at home. We had the first ever joint Church Council meeting this evening - all four churches in one.
A busy week ahead, I had to decline an extra day at school.

Nick Clegg is more popular than Winston Churchill following the TV debate last week.
I wonder how the question was worded in order to arrive at this conclusion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the loan of your husband this weekend! Sorry to have kept him so long - it was a bigger job than we thought. He has however done a fantastic job and the skirting boards have been painted today and look great!
Thank you Dad!
See you Friday!
Pxx

Anonymous said...

A day to myself on Friday was a treat; I had a lot to do & church on Sunday.
I did struggle at the beginning, with no-one telling me what to do, but I coped.
The photos look great - I understand that he forced entry whilst allowed out to get the volvo serviced.
m

Anonymous said...

I feel a little put out that you have sorted the cupboards out, I had been looking forward to doing that. Is there still the fridge to do?
We are very much looking forward to seeing you all. J told me last night that he cannot wait to see Grandma.
MK

Anonymous said...

Not another cynic?
I'm sure that there's a little corner somewhere that was overlooked.
Have a good journey.
g