Monday 12 April 2010

Back at the chalk face.


I can't bore you with reports of any cleaning activities today.
Up early & off to school to take over the timetable of the NQT who despaired & left at Easter.
I have kept my own year 11 GCSE maths group, for 3 lessons on Monday & Tuesday, the other classes were fine after new seating plans & an explanation of life to year 8.
I did a revision class after school & then a coaching session in chemistry with the son of a friend from the village when I got home.
Six hours teaching is enough for one day.
The diet started today as we had all put on weight in New-Quay, Lord knows how with all that climbing up from the beach as well as some reasonable walks. G & P even went for a long bike ride; I don't do vertical slopes, up or down, so was not tempted. P is skinny &ultra-fit & put G through his paces.

We are watching Joanna Lumley on the Nile, on TV. I hope that J & S & aj are watching as all have plans to do a Nile cruise this year. I shall base my wardrobe on JL's for my next trip although, I am rather younger than her.

Whilst we were away, the buzzard took possession of our bonfire in the field, so we have to leave it unlit & admire Buzz in it's higher reaches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

J&S phoned to tell us to put the tv on! They need visa advice from you apparently, remind me to ask you that.
E

William said...

It seems that there are lots more birds of prey around these days that when I was more interested in seeing them 30 years ago.
I am somewhat dissapointed that you didn't tell us what you were eating last night.

Anonymous said...

Skinny & ultra-fit....??? I don't think so!! (but thank you for your flattering comments!)
Pxx

PS I did beat Dad up the hills but only because I was cycling my butt off so I didn't go backwards.. they were very steep!!

Anonymous said...

E & the gabilyas - it was a bit of a rush through Luxor, but JL is always worth looking at - I hope I look that good when I'm her age.
W chicken breasts wrapped in cheese & bacon with jacket potatoes & green veg, following wholemeal toast & pate.
I did actually start putting the menu on, then deleted it for fear of ridicule!
P He was left standing, but really enjoyed the ride.
g