Thursday 11 December 2008

Is it that time already?

Apologies for the break - this is the first time that I have logged on since the last blog.
Anyway, MK, J & DK went home last Thursday.
I left them at the airport in the morning& went to Solihull to avoid the empty house.
M&S kindly supported me in this by having a 20% discount day.
I enjoyed the odd few hours there & then on to the gym then home.
A pretty good day all in all.
I have stripped the beds, washed & ironed, but done no other housework since then.

Friday was a Thomas day.
G picked me up mid-afternoon to go for our Bupa medicals, which went well.

On Saturday we pottered, went to see P&A then on to Wagamama & the pictures to see "Lakeview ------" It was OK, not great.

On Sunday we went to see B & E, a nice relaxing day, concluding with dinner.

On Monday we went to London, G to a meeting, me to potter.
I was very pleased with myself for hopping on & off the tube with competence all day, minding the gap with the best of them.
I met aj & Paul at Kings Cross for an hour or so to chat, then on to Oxford St, Libertys, down to Marble Arch, window shopping, then on to Covent Garden, where I eventually meet G for a coffee & the journey to Margaret's.
We went out for a great Thai meal then slept over.
On Tuesday we went to Leatherhead to see J&G. It was O's 2nd birthday.
We had lunch then on to J's practice for G to have a treatment before travelling back into London to St Lukes in Sydney St in Chelsea for a Christmas concert in aid of The Elizabeth Finn Trust. Joanna Lumley, James Fox & Kate Adie did brilliant readings, Betjeman's Christmas poem, John, chapter one...... & wonderful music.
We got home late.

Wednesday was a Thomas day, I then drove on to Bicester to babysit whilst B&E went to see Quantum...

I drove home this morning. Bicester was at a standstill. The M40 south was at a standstill, but the M40 North was quiet as everyone was avoiding the M40.
I got home, finished the Christmas cards, posted them, went to the hairdressers - you will have to take my word for the fact that I look really glamourous, sitting here on my own, blogging, watching Question Time, planning Sunday's sermon.
I went on to the dentist to have my tooth mended, then into Solihull to shop - late night shopping, but quiet.
Tomorrow I am going to see JR.
G is in London, at a dinner. He will go to Manningtree, by train, be picked up by Peter & drive up to Lavenham to meet JR & me for lunch.

On Saturday we may have a lie-in.

4 comments:

William said...

I can't believe how busy you seem to be all the time. So much for a bored retirement.

william said...

where are the photos?
enough of the trivial round the common task
I still love you though!
wrm

Anonymous said...

My life is the common round, the trivial task, fortunately, I enjoy such mindless trivia.
I really must take some photos.
I never remember my camera, if I do, the batteries are always flat.
I need rechargeables that will recharge on the bathroom lamp without being removed.
m/g

Anonymous said...

Enough of the common round of trivial tasks.Show us the photos- a picture is worth a thousand words......rhubarb, rhubarb,rhubarb