Friday 12 December 2008

Friday already.

I have found the secret to a good night's sleep - don't fall asleep on the settee before bed.
This was my modus operandi last night, mainly because G was away & the house was cold.
I did some reading for my sermon - John chapter 1, as read brilliantly by James Fox on Tuesday night, then fell asleep.
I woke up at 7.25am - wonderful!. I showered, revived my hairdo, dressed, did some jobs & set off for Cambridge to see JR.
He was fine, although feeling rather sorry for himself as he has a bladder problem (men!) & is having uncomfortable treatment on his better eye, to preserve his sight.
G caught a train to Manningtree, where Peter picked him up & drove them up to Shardelows.
We went to lunch in Linton at The Crown,then back to JR's for coffee & then home later, via Coventry to collect my car from G's office.
It is cold, wet & windy.
We have a nice fire & shall shortly have supper.

I'm sorry that there are no photos - I will try harder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am relieved to see we are spared photos, if they likely to be subject related, i.e. graphic and/or medical. God forbid that you should ever feel the need to share the infirmities of all family members on your blog