Thursday 29 January 2015

Macular what?

A day trip to Wales on Tuesday to provide the "in-car entertainment" for a friend, with a stop in Oswestry on the way home for  a delicious lunch in Wynnstay Hotel - highly recommended.
Home for M&S Keralan chicken dinner and a catch up on "Silent Witness".

A trip to Lichfield on Wed for a potter and a visit to Vision Express for an eye test.
I have finally given up on D and A in Solihull after many years.
taken over by Boots and seemingly always busy and moved from one place to another to wait.
Vision Express was really quiet with excellent service - unfortunately I couldn't read even the top line with my right eye and the test letters were moving and changing shape, strangely.
After having eye drops in to dilate the pupil and further examination, the optician said that I had a "Macular Hole" ,which would need surgery to prevent it worsening.
A Happy Meal at McDonalds whilst waiting for a letter to be written, between patients, and for the effect of the drops to wear off meant that  I had a parking ticket by the time I returned to the car - I'm hoping that it will be rescinded when I explain and send a copy of the opticians letter.

I phoned the GP first thing this morning, she made an appointment for me at Walsgrave Hospital at 11.30, where I was fully investigated and eventually shown the computer images of my macular hole - a classic case which will need surgery, recall within a fortnight.
K kindly took me in - two lots of drops in both eyes made them really dodgy, not helped by snow on the way home - glaring whiteness and fully dilated pupils!

Most of this afternoon spent asleep on the settee by a nice fire, making up for a disturbed night's sleep - I wish I hadn't eaten all of the chocolate biscuits!

I still have to buy an electric mattress protector for the "Winter Quarters" before making up the bed and moving in.
Where will I get the best deal? 

No comments: