Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas day 4

We've spent a lovely Christmas, with most of the family.
Days 1, 2 & 3 were excellent - the turkey was moist (comments on the moistness of the turkey are compulsory) Christmas lunch went really well & everyone was relaxed.
We had some lovely presents & the grandchildren all loved their all-in ones - G covered me with the lovely rug that W & family gave me, when I fell asleep on the settee at tea-time today, before the fire was lit.
I have obviously reached my dotage!
B&E,T&KP arrived on Boxing day afternoon, shortly after P&A, J&G & families had left.
G & T worked together on T's hwk, planning a trip to China!
Yesterday Chris & Jan came to supper & we played the games that we'd practised with the family on Xmas day.
This morning I made the traditional dish with the last of the turkey (baked, in white sauce, covered with cheese & breadcrumbs), with a smaller one for Marg & Phil.
G has de-foliated the field & spring cleaned the eglu, whilst I did the laundry & turned the bedrooms around, ready for Peter & aj over the weekend.
We had a late lunch/early tea then I sat down & fell aslleep!
Shopping again tomorrow for lunch on New Year's Day. 

No comments: