Sunday 24 June 2012

Rock'n roll

Last night we went to a "Roy Orbison & friends" show at The Alex, in Birmingham.
It was really very good, especially " The Big O", not spoiled by the sizable number of men in the audience (including my neighbour) needing to leave, mid-number.
Prostrate problems in the over 50s!
Is there anyone who knows me who would expect me to be able to direct them to The Alex & tell them where to park?
I did know that it was at the back of new St Station, visible from The Queensway, which was a start, but not good enough - so much for a date with G!

Health is improving, forced into action to collect J & Th from school on Friday & sermon to prepare for today.
I had a new hairstyle yesterday - short, layered & blown forward, even before I waited for G on Coleshill High St!
I'm pleased with it, but the acid test will be tomorrow, when I shampoo out all of the shape & am left with short hair.
I've lost another couple of pounds so hope that the loss of appetite can last for a few months, until I'm a size 4, the size of an average Vietnamese woman!
Only ten sizes to go!

Just checking my sermon - St John the Baptist - importance of his finger, as highlighted by Martin Luther in 1532 sermon. (He used it to point to JC)
I just googled "Relics of J the B", since there were no more comments on my blog, & by shear coincidence, The Church Times front page is an article acknowledging the authenticity of relics of J the B found under the floor in a church in Sveti Ivan (honestly - means St John), off the coast near Istanbul.
You couldn't make it up!
Have a fun day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The finding of the finger even made the DM in your absence.