Thursday 21 June 2012

Thank God it's raining.

This may be rather selfish, but we have worked so hard in the garden, putting it straight after the disastrous mowing & the month of neglect, that my hands are weak from weeding the yard & I'm exhausted from weeding the borders.
The mower refused to start, but G has all of the lawns in shape, having borrowed a mower from John Andrews & spent well over a day mowing, raking & mowing again.
Still a couple of days work to do, when it dries up.

I played tennis in the sunshine yesterday then did my stint in the garden before preparing dinner - the Wheelers joined us, having spent the last month in Australia, visiting their son.
Good to catch up.
Today I am seriously flagging, my entire body has been taken over by an alien being, making it feel sick & lethargic, incapable of doing anything constructive.
I made a small decision to have a cup of ovaltine, but the alien dislikes ovaltine, so I ditched it & settled for tea.
I hope that this is short lived as I have lots to do.
No photos yet, but about 3000 in the wings, waiting....

4 comments:

William said...

take it easy, if you feel like rubbish wait until you feel better. The garden will still be there tomorrow (and still be a mess)

Anonymous said...

Yes- stop working and rest- there is no rush! CEng

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
I did.
Feeling much better now & even a couple of pounds lighter than post holiday - sermonising on John the Baptist.
m

Tim said...

why thank god?