Thursday 5 February 2009

More snow - up to 2 in!!!

Snow overnight bringing the level to about what it was on day 1 - a couple of inches.
Little traffic along Hollylands this morning, drivers getting straight on to the main road from the village, avoiding our slippery back roads.
Most schools were closed again.
I think that they should have cut their losses & closed them all for the week, to cut out the daily guesswork. Teachers always have plenty of work that they can do at home.

Today has been cold, dull & grey, unlike yesterday when it was bright & sunny all day with temperatures soaring to 9 degrees. This caused me to stay in & do research on t'internet.
I found that the benefits of becoming a senior citizen will be £90.70 a week pension, cheaper membership of English Heritage, reduced entrance fees to the cinema & theatre (I have already accessed this, to make G feel better. Sadly, no-one has questioned this), a local bus pass & half price train travel if I buy a £24 pass.
Wow!
This afternoon I took the dyson for a drive, met Maurice at church & we spent over 2 hours cleaning - polishing & vacuuming. My exercise for the day.
G has got on well with sorting out the study - 6 bin liners of paper rubbish so far, he has yet to unpack the big boxes.
We have had yellow fin sole for dinner & watched Piers Morgan in Monaco. I think that aj &I had a better time there, on the whole.
The news is getting a bit samey - photos of snow & skidding cars.
Thanks to the Bank of England for cutting interest rates to 1%.
I'm delighted that people can borrow more money at the expense of those on fixed incomes who rely on investments for an income.
Yes, the snow is a better option.

No comments: