Tuesday 10 February 2009

Granville again.

Does anyone have any body armour that I can borrow for my next day on supply.
It only takes 2 or 3 bloody little monsters in a class to make the lesson tough.
Swad has some of the rudest, most unpleasant children that I have ever met.
Requests are met with "why?", at best, no response/ talk to neighbour to refusal followed by storming out of the room with a "F... you" on the way out.
I have perfected the art of taking none of this personally, secure in the knowledge that they are merely saddoes who know no better.
I have lowered my expectations & smile through, thinking of my bank balance.
The staff are really nice & very supportive.

Anyway,to real life, a cold wet day with snow still around.
A rumour that AR has been recalled from holiday in Spain to sort out a school in special measures.
The LEA obviously want to close it down.
Off to see JR tomorrow - I hope that the sun shines.

Is there anyone out there?
How about a comment?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good trip tomorrow and have a lovely time at the Christening at the weekend - give them all our love.
Pxx

PS Body armour not required on Granny days - they are much safer but the pay isn't as good!

Anonymous said...

Come back to Tim's school, they might not pay you but it is such fun (and the worst they get up to is writing on Cameron's white shirt in permanent ink (the finger of suspicion currently rests with Ralph). Tim was with me counting legs on mini bugs so thankfully he is not in the frame!
E
PS George, note that I voluntarily spent the afternoon counting legs on mini bugs, it was a huge step forward!

Anonymous said...

And after such a short time as a supply teacher

Anonymous said...

Do you watch Waterloo Road? Are the pupils like that?

E

Anonymous said...

I daren't watch TV school dramas - they are so inaccurate & show teachers as idiots.
g