Monday 8 August 2016

If considering switching to N Power for anything other than aggravation and time wasting......

Taking the advice of "Money Expert" I attempted to change my energy supplier in April, having been with Scottish Power for 15 years.
This was predicted to save me about £20 per month.
I filled in the forms, and heard nothing.
Eventually I received the letter, my name slightly wrong, delivered to a cottage down the road, to whom it was addressed...almost.
I informed them of their errors, by phone.
The reply went to the same address.
This happened 3 times, by which time I had long since decided to not touch N Power with a barge pole.
By June I noticed that they were taking payment from my bank account.
They told me that this was an error and I was paying for the cottage along the road.
They took a second payment so I reclaimed and stopped the DD.
Among the barrage of letters, all wrongly addressed, I was informed that they would cease to supply me - not a problem as they never had done.
I also have a rather threatening letter, giving me the address of the property, in Plymouth, whose bill they wish me to continue paying.
After many  letters from them, two long letters from me and almost weekly phone calls from me to ask for the letters to cease, a member of the complaints dept phoned me about 3 weeks ago, promised that the hassle was all over and I would receive £40 compensation .
I have since had several letters, final bills with different amounts demanded and made two more weekly phone calls.
Today I am told that all is sorted.
Today I am told that I will receive only one more letter, with £60 compensation.
Time will tell.

No comments: