Tuesday 11 December 2007

Here I am, woken by Prince Charming!

See, He does come in blue!


Galerie Lafayette, from the top.


The Reichstadt (parliament). We ate in the roof restaurant & climbed the dome, which has fantastic views.


The Brandenburg Gate, from the East, with G.


The hotel room - here's my handle.......



One of the sixty Christmas markets - better than Brum!




Lots of these, leading to courtyards of shops & restaurants.




Brandenburg Gate, from the West. Greenpeace setting up a presentation, complete with ice polar bear.




The Sony Centre with lego galore - beat that Tim!



You take a few days off to catch up on your sleep only to find that Tesco, not satisfied with world domination, have The Spice Girls advertising Christmas.
Working a three day week leaves so little time; how did I ever cope with a five day week?
I had a lovely day at Waddesdon with E, T & KP last Wed. It looked magical & is well worth a visit if you are near Bicester.
G & I went to Berlin for a long w/e, leaving on Thursday evening for a night at the Comfort Hotel, Heathrow, & an early flight on Friday.
Berlin was fascinating - The Brandenberg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, bunkers, bombsites, sixty Christmas markets & thousands of "tannenbaum".
Back at work on Monday. I'm getting the measure of the Swad nutters & may have cracked it by next Thursday, when I finish this stint. I'm really enjoying it.
I've visited the gym twice this week, Mon & Tues. Beat that! I'll be spinning next!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still never use your GPS/ Heart rate monitor though!

Anonymous said...

Ve have ways of making you enjoy yourself

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I do.
Possibly not to its full extant, but I only use my phone for calls, photos & videos.

Ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

Is that Paddington Bear next to blue Santa?

William said...

Looks nice and there are even whole people in the pictures.Good to see that you are posting again, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I look a little rotund due to a sweater, bodywarmer (purchased in Denmark - lime green - which I love) & a thick woollen coat.
Ben told me that it would be v cold.
It was.
I was not.
m